MONITORING AND REPORTING OFFICER
Blue Cross Kisumu is recruiting a full time MONITORING, RESEARCH AND REPORTING, Officer.
Blue Cross Kisumu is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the Position of MONITORING, EVALUATION AND REPORTING OFFICER to support the monitoring, evaluation, learning and research function of Blue Cross Kisumu. The Monitoring and Evaluation officer will be responsible for and support the Manager in the development of frameworks, tools and mechanisms to aid in monitoring and evaluation of Blue Cross Kisumu projects and key strategies as well as provide support in the development and continuous improvement of strategies in Blue Cross key technical sectors through monitoring and evaluation processes. The role holder assists in undertaking data collection, research, surveys, evaluations and other MEARL activities for the organization.
The M&E Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
Major Duties Include:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Follow up with on the base line study.
- Responsible for the Project database ensuring project information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Develop and update the project monitoring plan and monitor the indicators of the project.
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work.
- Responsible for the data collection, compilation and analysis.
- Responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results.
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
- Prepare monitoring reports using data collection tools
- Identifying and documenting lessons learnt; collecting information for case studies; writing and preparing success stories, and facilitating periodic reviews, and prepare presentation on achievement of the project.
- Assisting in preparing quarterly and annual progress reports in cooperation with the Project Manager and the project team.
- Participate in dissemination of research findings and policy dialogue with relevant offices
- Prepare policy briefs and fact sheets from the projects’ findings.
- Lead the process of obtaining ethical approval for research projects.
- Participate in the development of research proposals.
- Bachelor Degree in development, management, economics, business administration, or related field.
- A relevant master’s degree is desired.
- A minimum of four years’ experience with in M&E in NGOs.
Skills and Personal attributes:
- Proficiency in writing in English.
- Experience in Qualitative and Quantitative Research
- Computer (MS-Office including MS-Project)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Adapt skills in project cycle management
- Working within a team
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in engaging policy makers with research evidence.
All interested candidates should send a detailed CV and a cover letter. The cover letter should include the applicant’s expectations of the position and how his/her qualifications relate to the vacancy. Please send CVs to Blue Cross Kisumu with subject Monitoring, Research and Reporting Officer at:
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 13TH JANUARY 2023
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Blue Cross Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for this position
Blue Cross Norway and its partner Blue Cross Kisumu is planning an external impact evaluation of a drug prevention project aimed at children and young people in Kisumu, Kenya. The Alcohol and project substance abuse prevention project for children and youth is in the last year of the current project period 2018 – 2022 and will, in accordance with an agreement with Digni / Norad, undergo a final evaluation for this period. It is planned that the project will continue with Digni/Norad funding in the period 2023 – 2028. The project vision is ‘Children and youth in Kisumu live free from alcohol and other substance related harm’.
Please download Terms of Reference BelowBCK_Terms-of-reference-for-evaluation-04072022-Final.pdf (200 downloads)
You can also Download a copy of IBC Life skills programme Evaluation Report Below20210122_IBC-Life Skills Ranas-evaluation-report.pdf (44 downloads)